NDT and Inspection services are a core capability of Phoenix. All of our Welder-Divers and ADS Pilots are certified American Society of Nondestructive Testing (ASNT) Level II Inspectors. Our NDT inspectors collect and document the material condition of ship hulls and their appurtenances, moorings, and a variety of subsea structures.We have an in house Level III Examiner for the development of new inspection procedures, training and personnel certification.
In water and topside NDT services include:
- Visual Testing Method (VT) – Wet, Dry Chamber, and Surface
- Magnetic Particle Testing Method (MT) – Wet, Dry Chamber, and Surface
- Dye Penetrant Testing Method (PT) – Dry Chamber, and Surface
Ultrasonic Testing Methods (UT):
- Ultrasonic Thickness Gauging Method (UTG) – Wet, Dry Chamber, and Surface
- Ultrasonic Shearwave Testing Method – Flaw Detection (UTSW) – Wet, Dry Chamber, and Surface
- Radiographic Testing Method (RT) – – Wet (film only, source dry), Dry Chamber, and Surface
Phoenix maintains American Bureau of Shipping (ABS) and Det Norske Veritas (DNV) certifications for in water inspection and survey of ships, structures and platforms.
Inspection data is provided to in-house or client engineers for evaluation and preparation of repair or replacement procedures or as Objective Quality Evidence (OQE) during and at completion of production work.
- Underwater Inspection, UWILD
- Service Suppliers Carrying out In–water Survey of Ships, High Speed and Light Craft and Mobile Offshore Units
- Firms Engaged in Ultrasonic Thickness Measurements of Ship’s Structure
- Firms Engaged in Non Destructive Testing (NDT) on Offshore Projects and Offshore Units/Components